Born to Win at:
Zig Ziglar a loved author and motivational speaker taught timeless lessons of success before his passing two years ago this month. He encouraged people to live a life of no regrets in his last book, Born to Win!
Here, in an excerpt from the book, listing some of Ziglar’s principles—how you can improve yourself and accomplish valuable, holistic success in life:
- We generally get from others and ourselves what we expect.
- If you expect to lose, you will. If you expect to be average, you will be average. If you expect to feel bad, you probably will. If you expect to feel great, nothing will slow you down. Moreover, what is true for you is true for others. Your expectations for others will become what they deliver and achieve.
As Gandhi said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world”.
- You find what you look for in life. If you look for the good things in life, you will find them. If you look for opportunities to grow and prosper, you will find them. If you look for positive, enthusiastic friends and associates who will support you, you will find them.
- Never make a promise without a plan. Far too many people make promises they can never keep. They may have the best intentions in the world to keep their promise, but if they have not made a plan to keep it, they will not be able to do it.
- Happiness, joy, and gratitude are universal if we know what to look for.
- All people want happiness and joy in their life, but you have to know what produces real happiness and how to do the things that produce it.
- The moment you begin to worry about the things you want and the things you do not have in life is the moment you will lose your gratitude for what you actually have.
- If you are ungrateful, you will never be satisfied, content, or joyful about your life.
- The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times.